Tuesday, July 31, 2012

"HEART-BURN"

While meditating, I experienced heartburn.  "Heart burn" is an apt name, as it was at my heart center.  As I breathed into it, I wondered when in my life I may have experienced pain that burned a place in my heart.  I recalled the extreme, and extremely painful, bitterness I felt in my heart after our little Karen died.  That bitterness was so hard to bear, it had such a grip on me, I couldn't let go of it.  (Or I had such a grip on it?)  Did I "burn" a hole of bitterness into my heart?  I was released from that pain--instantaneously-- through prayer.  But the effects may linger.  

I can welcome my "heart-burn" as a painful, but truthful, reminder of such a momentous time in my life.  I can feel deep compassion for me and for that wound in my heart.  It reminds me of the immense and overwhelming pain I felt, as well as the beautiful and grace-filled healing I experienced.

Now, for more grace ~

No comments:

Post a Comment