Thursday, June 14, 2012

BIRTHDAYS AND BIKING

Happy Birthday to me!  Today I'm 77--it's a big deal.  I just returned from biking--OK, triking.  I hurried home because I didn't want to get hit by lightning, so it wasn't as long a ride as I had hoped.  I have a tradition of celebrating my birthday with an early morning bike ride.

I laughed this morning as I remembered going over my handle bars (regular bike) on my 65th-birthday-early-morning-ride on the Lake Walk.  For some reason I held onto my handle bars, so that miraculously, I didn't go flying.  After I rested for a moment and saw that I was all right, I got back on my bike and biked home to our home that was then on Park Point.  I did say, "I bet I'm the only person in the world who went over her handle bars today on her 65th birthday!"

Many birthdays, we biked up the shore from Brighton Beach and had lunch at the New Scenic Cafe, a favorite ride (and food stop) for me.

I am lucky to be able to bike, now trike, and to have such a beautiful city to bike in, all close to where I live.

Fly the flag today--it is Flag Day as well.  I give thanks for my sweet life.

2 comments:

  1. I too, give thanks for your sweet life mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun look back on your birthday tradition. Thanks for sharing. Have a great day. Love you. ~ Sara

    ReplyDelete