Friday, September 30, 2011

Fears/The Now

I, along with others at Yoga North, am contemplating a trip to the Kumbha Mela pilgrimage in India in February, 2013.  The more deeply I invest myself in yoga and yoga philosophy and practices, the more I want to explore and the more I have a yen to see India before I die.  This would be a 3 week trip.  If you go on the Himalayan Institute's website, you can learn about it and see amazing pictures.  www.KM2013.com

Yet, unlike most I know, I have fears about going.  The long flight and how it affects my body; keeping up with others because I go more slowly now that I'm older; adapting to the immense crowds and perhaps the heat; it costs a lot of money--blah, blah.  These fears were holding me back--keeping me stuck on the fence (ouch!).

I was living in the future, not the moment.  The moment is telling me to go and experience whatever the trip will offer me.  Let it change and perhaps even transform me.  Let me meet my edges and learn equanimity.

I have committed to going!  Let my life unfold!

No comments:

Post a Comment