Thursday, February 9, 2012

MY JOURNEY BEGINS

This journey with Parkinson's Disease is going to be an interesting one.  Who knows where it will take me?  I still "know" in my deepest self that it is Grace that brings me to this place.  I "know" it brings untold opportunities.  AND YET...!

My daily journey is much more difficult to navigate at times. When new symptoms pop up, new feelings arise--fear, sadness--I am temporarily destabilized.

What should I do?  Nothing, increase meds, decrease meds, exercise more, call the doctor (which in my case is a nurse practitioner)?  I know my feelings come from wanting things to stay the same--I am attached to not getting worse.  I am attached to the myth that doing all the "right things" will prevent my disease from progressing.

So, once again, I notice with compassion, and then haul myself back to the center--to being peacefully where I am right now.  Truthfully, I'm attached to remaining peacefully in the center, and so it goes.

Journaling helps me deal with and understand my life--it helps me be more creative in dealing with my life as it unfolds, so I will write more about my journey with Parkinson's Disease over time.

No comments:

Post a Comment