Thursday, January 12, 2012

GRACE

Even though I'm not "officially" diagnosed with early Parkinson's Disease, I'm pretty sure that's what I am experiencing, and it's got me to thinking.  I have more than PD going on in my body, and it's confusing to discern one's best and truest path.  For a while my mind was in a spin and I felt very confused.  I spoke with my yoga guru, Deborah Adele, who suggested I look at this new event in my life as an "Initiation."  I felt an instant shift in my psyche--opening to possibility.  Initiation into what?  Into a new and glorious opening into freedom (freedom from fear, from attachments, from expectations).  I think it would mean being in the precise instant of every now as it unfolds--resting in the now.

My Spirit Group to which I belong is reading Richard Rohr's "Everything Belongs."  He also speaks of living in the present, and emphasizes living in the opposites--good/evil, easy/hard, pleasant/unpleasant "everything belongs!"  We need to go into, and to experience the void--that dark place.  I received a stunning revelation:  the dark and void is Grace, just as happiness is Grace.  My probable diagnosis of PD and all that may mean for my future is Grace.  IT IS ALL GRACE!



3 comments:

  1. Wow! I like this viewpoint! I'm going to try it today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Initiation - I like it. Deborah is so wise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comments, both of you. And, yes she is.

    ReplyDelete