Sunday, November 20, 2011

PRACTICE

I've been thinking a lot about "practice" the last few days.    

Practice--I do something over and over (like yoga, like singing when I was younger) to get better at it.

Practice--I have a specific set of things I do daily, or nearly daily, that enhances my life.

Practice--I have a psychology and sandplay therapy practice--it's my work.

The first two definitions are what this blog is about today.  Practicing means making a commitment and then showing up and, well, doing it--practicing.  I can trust myself to discipline myself to show up and do my yoga routine, to meditate.  This is even when I don't want to--I'm tired, busy, distracted, lazy--oh there are a zillion excuses aren't there?

If I faithfully show up, I develop a Practice in my life.  This practice feeds my body and nourishes my soul.  I feel calmer and more trusting of the universe in my life.  It's there when much else is falling away.  It can count on me and I can count on it.

So, practice!  

No comments:

Post a Comment