Monday, August 9, 2010

Transformational Dance Experience/Sacred Dance

I promised I'd talk about my Transformational Dance Retreat experience (July 19 Blog).  I haven't because it is hard to describe something so deep and profound--and fun!  First, the retreat center, Hope Springs, Peebles, OH, is beautiful.  Not a building was located and built without asking the land first--for permission and where to locate the building.  Everything at the site is geared toward love of the land and caring for our environment.  We are served fabulous vegetarian food for every meal--all beautifully presented.

Our dance highlights are each evening, when we blindfold ourselves and dance to the perfect music mix that Roger has planned for that night.  Not being able to see creates a safety and unselfconsiousness, and moves us inward so that we are free to respond to the music in whatever way it moves us.  Roger plays gorgeous music, throbbing tribal music and fun music--all to take us inward and move our spirits to dance--surrendering to the pulse of the moment.  It can be transcending.  I have had some amazing experiences that were entirely unbidden, they just came.  One was that our baby who was born in 1964 and lived 2 weeks, "dropped" into my arms, and I was able to hold her and rock her and then let her go.  I had not been with her when she died, and it seemed she gave me the  opportunity to heal that experience.  Roger and Deb create such a safe space for each person to go to that place that will be most transforming.  The dance retreat is life-changing for most, if not all, of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment