Wednesday, June 22, 2011

SWEET HELPING HANDS

Earlier this week I went for a lovely 1 1/2  hour hike in the very wet woods and trails close to my house with my daughter.  The wild flowers and honeysuckles were in abundance, and it was all so green.  This time we went up the trail, which required going up and down rocks and muddy slopes.  At the top, we overlooked the part of the city I live in and saw where I live and the beautiful winding St. Louis river.

I was very grateful for the helping hand my daughter gave me at times when I did not feel confident I and my knees could safely negotiate the climb up or the slope down.  I realize I have come to a very sweet place of allowing others to come to my aid.  This is something I would never have done in the past--you know, "I'll do it myself!!!"  I also realize I receive the gift of loving care, and I give them the gift of being able to give me a gift.  How sweet is that?  

1 comment: