Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Rotator Cuff Saga

I met with my shoulder surgeon on Monday.  I told him my shoulder had gotten better and better and that I had virtually no pain.  I asked him to tell me what he would advise his grandma to do.  He said that, at my age, when I had no pain or no real problems, "I wouldn't have the surgery."  I can always come back and reevaluate if I do have problems.  And, we cancelled the surgery, set for March 1st.

I had been thinking of meeting with him for some time, but was afraid I would be considered a nuisance and he would not want to do surgery on me.  (Another doctor had given me that impression earlier.)  I am so glad I followed what my inner spirit was telling me to do.  I had a really good appointment with him; it was very pleasant.

So, a day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment