Thursday, January 27, 2011

NO HIDING HERE! Silence Retreat #2

One of the interesting things that happens to me on a silence retreat--where there are no distractions--is that I fully 'bump into myself.'  There is no hiding.  All of my behaviors that tend to keep me from living as skillfully and purely as I can are there for me to witness.  (They're always present, it's just that I can ignore them.)  I continued to whisper to myself in spite my attempts at silence.  I realized I had expectations of how I thought things should go.  I struggled with sitting in stillness at the fire--my back hurt, my legs and knees hurt.  Do I tough it out and stay, reminding myself that I'm not my body, or do I move (as quietly as I can) to make myself more comfortable?  I finally got mad, and said to myself, "I surrender!"  "I will do it my way!"  I had been trying hard to do it right--and old good girl pattern of mine.  I made this commitment:
To walk ~ trust ~ my own path to Self.  This changed everything, and I relaxed into the silence retreat.  I am including some of my "restive" haiku.

Voices in my head,
Fiery anger boils within.
Stop!  Find your own path!

Hurting and struggling,
Busy in body and mind ~
No space left for me.

Bumbling and stumbling,
Lessons clutter my journey ~
If I will listen.

Sages await ~ for 
me to surrender my mind
and unlock my heart.

01/09/2011


No comments:

Post a Comment